Tuesday 7 June 2011

Life Drawing 3




The first page is of the two ten minute gesture drawings we did at the beginning of the session. We then wanted to do a 30 minute collage, which is the second picture, and draw back into it. The last image is one that we based on an artist called Ben Nicholson who has done many simple collages with muted and calm colours. For this reason, I did soft, smudged lines over the brown paper and screwed up tissue that I glued onto my work. I then watered down blue in and work into the collage, letting the ink run and following the lines round to accentuate the shapes.


This is Ben Nicholson's work which I used as inspiration for the work i did. I like the subtle tones and the sweeping lines... I tried to copy this but found that it was more effective in my piece to have the lines thicker and so I repeatedly went over the lines. I am happy with my final piece, although I have made Alison, the model, look very thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment