Monday 20 December 2010

My Project Proposal

I am going to research a variety of contemporary environmental artists to get some inspiration for my work. For the time being, I think I will be sketching some discarded objects to become familiar how refuse looks next to each other. Then I think I will sketch a design combining some useless objects to make the collection as a whole look like some thing useful. I will then work over my initial design with other media and materials such as collage, mono-prints, paint, ink and letter blocks.

I have looked at Michael West’s work and have noticed that he creates both 2D and 3D creations… His sculptures are mostly red and made out of refuse waste, he has also created a selection of paintings, finding inspiration from the shapes and lines of the waste and going on to make bright, abstract images. Although his work is interesting, I don’t really plan on using his method of working, but it has opened my mind to the possibility of 3D art.
Here is a photograph from Michael West’s website: http://www.michaelwestart.com/page3.htm This piece was described on Wikipedia as:

“Anthropomorphism” is the attribution of human characteristics or, recognition of human characteristics in non-human creatures and beings, phenomena, material states and objects or abstract concepts”

Week one: I plan to research more artists and find some that inspire me, I would then combine the attributes I like about each of them and add something of my own to make it unique to me.

Week two: I imagine we will be drawing still life of the waste objects.

Week three: I hope to have a selection of drawings and sketches from the objects that I will combine together to make them look like something else.

Week four: I plan to have made my final design and be working back into it with different media, making it more abstract and/or interesting. I will, at some point, reassess how my time is going and see if I could plan it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment